Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tuna Salad European Style (pasta de peste)

If you love tuna salad, I guarantee you'll love this tuna salad.  It's a bit different than your traditional tuna salad with mayonnaise but much better, at least I think so.  I must admit I didn't make this, my husband made this today and I made him give me the recipe, because I just couldn't stop eating it, it was that good.  And not only I loved it, my dog did, I knew cats loved tuna, but I had no idea dogs loved tuna.  Anyway here's the ingredients you'll need:

  • 4 cans of tuna drained
  • 250 gr of cottage cheese
  • 3 tbsp of cream cheese
  • 4 green onions chopped
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • juice of half a lemon (or more)
  • parsley chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients together and mix in a food processor.  That's all, couldn't get any easier. Best way to serve this is either in a sandwich like your typical tuna salad sandwich or serve it on toast with some lettuce.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment