Monday, January 3, 2011

Beer Cheddar Soup

I've never tried beer cheddar soup before until I saw it on the food network channel and I was intrigued and thought I would try it.  How bad could it be, it has beer and cheddar.  It has to be good.  So I decided to make it and let me tell you, I loved it.  It is delicious.  Here are the ingredients you'll need:

  • 64 ounces beer
  • 25 ounces chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons white pepper
  • 2 pounds peeled and diced potatoes
  • 2 ounces cornstarch
  • 6 ounces water
  • 1 pound Cheddar, shredded
  • 8 ounces Cheddar cheese sauce
In a pot add the beer, chicken stock, onion powder and white pepper and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the soup and reduce the heat to low. Stir in the shredded Cheddar, 1 handful at a time. Turn off the heat and whisk the cheddar until smooth.  Serve hot.  Enjoy!
Cheddars of the World Assortment (2 pound)

No comments:

Post a Comment