Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Savory Cheese Pie (Placinta cu Branza)

This is such an easy savory cheese pie recipe.  I don't think cheese pies are as popular here in North
America as they are in Europe and especially Turkey.  There are so many variations of cheese pies, but I found a very easy way for me to make these.  Whenever I make them. my husband and I fight over them, that's how good they are.  For these you can use any puff pastry you can find.  I do not make the puff pastry so that's why this is the easiest recipe ever.  Ingredients you'll need are:
  • 2 cups feta cheese
  • 500 ml ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 4 pieces of puff pastry
  • fresh dill (optional)
Grate the feta cheese in a bowl and mix with ricotta cheese and egg.  The reason I add ricotta cheese is so that the pie doesn't end up being too salty, so the mixture is half feta and half ricotta.  Roll out your puff pastry and spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture then roll up the dough.  Repeat with remainder of puff pastry, brush with egg wash and poke holes in each pastry with a fork. Bake in the oven at 375 for about an hour or until deep golden brown.   Note, you do not have to butter the baking sheet, the puff pastry has plenty of butter in it so it will not stick.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment