Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken and Peas Stew

This is another one of those Romanian dishes, that is a staple in our house.  I learned how to make this from my mother, and this is probably one of the first dishes I made when I moved out on my own.  It is also one of my favorite dishes, because I just love peas, they're nice and sweet and just delicious, and not to mention this dish is very easy to make and you can literally do it in less than half an hour and voila, dinner is made. Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 med onion finely chopped
  • 3 chicken breasts chopped
  • 2 stalks of celery chopped finely
  • 2 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 4 cans of peas or you can use 3 to 4 cups of frozen peas
  • dill
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 2 cups of water
  • salt and pepper to taste
Heat up the oil in a saute pan. Add the chopped onion and celery and cook until tender.  Add the chicken breast and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.  In a bowl mix tomato paste with water and add to pan and add paprika and mix well.  Add salt and pepper and add the peas.  Stir and continue cooking for another 20 min and add dill 2 min before done.  Nice light dinner.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment